Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Advent-ture Calendar

I came across THIS advent calendar a year ago and I totally fell in love with it! I have been sooo excited to try it! I didn't get it done in time for last year, but this year I am so on the ball!!


I am seriously low on Christmas Decorations, so I decided to string mine up using ribbon and mini clothes pins....its perfect for the big empty wall in the kitchen!

I followed Blue Crickets tutorial HERE....it's awesome and I couldn't be happier that she offered it! Definitely take the time to ink (distress) the edges...she was so right when she said it's all about the details. This was my first experience with distress ink, and I am sure I went a little over board on some, but it so doesn't matter! It's suppose to be all over the place! Even when you think it's too much just keep going! It will all turn out great!!!

I didn't trace my numbers on. I just printed them off and used my 2" paper punch! I used a digital paper pack from THIS Etsy store. I am totally in love with the paper pack. The designs are wonderful and it comes with the coordinating solid colors!! YAY! There was everything I needed, no running to the store to get coordinating paper! Plus, the digital form made it SO much easier to just print the numbers/events off!!

Blue Cricke
t has a list of ideas of things to do each day, I used hers, mine and some from HERE. I can't wait until December first to start our daily Advent-tures! 


 

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Great job! -melissa f-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you chose. You're right, it is all about the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting about my papers!! Your calendar looks great...very impressed! Love the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEKKKK!!! I love it!!! You did an awesome job displaying them! I am going to go link this to my BCD FB page!!! Thanks for giving me the link to come see yours! Love it!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Thanks so much for linking this up for others to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete